We are not accepting new applications at this time.
Who Can Adopt from Honduras?
- Married couples and single women may adopt from Honduras.
- The adopting parent(s) must be between 25 and 51, couples must have been married at least 3 years when submitting their dossier.
- Only one child may be adopted at a time. The exception is for siblings. There is a marginal increase in fees for more than one child.
- Additional stipulations may be determined by your government to apply for an orphan visa if you live outside of the United States.
Who are Children in Honduras that need Adoption?
- Honduran children range from infancy to pre-teens. Please note that the age range provided for children that need families is not a guarantee. There may be an extended waiting period if parents request a child three (3) years of age or younger.
- There is an expedited adoption process for children five (5) years and older.
- Both boys and girls, with no preference given to either sex.
- Children are generally healthy and receive proper nutrition and medical care while in the Hondurasn foster care system.
- Children from Latin America are of either Caucasian or Hispanic ancestry.
Why adopt from Honduras?
Honduras has captured the hearts of many people that have done mission work within the country. Spending time with the beautiful children of Honduras often leads to a desire to help in a deeper way.
Poverty within the country has left many families little choice but to abandon or place their children at orphanages or on the street. The orphan population within the country is at an all time high. The adoption process in Honduras is long and often difficult, but worth the fight for those precious children in need of a family. Families also like the idea of being close enough to Honduras geographically to be able to continue a relationship of service to the country.
Country information is to be considered general information and subject to change. The information is based upon state, federal, foreign, and international law, as well as our own business policies.