Who Can Adopt from Nicaragua?
- Married couples may adopt from Nicaragua.
- The adopting parent(s) must be between 25 and 50.
- More than one child may be adopted at one time. There is a marginal increase in fees for more than one child. Sibling groups are encouraged.
- Additional stipulations may be determined by your government to apply for an orphan visa if you live outside of the United States.
Who are the Children that need Adoption?
- Nicaraguan children range from infancy to pre-teens. Please note that the age range provided for children that need families is not a guarantee. There may be an extended waiting period if parents request an infant child.
- Both boys and girls, with no preference given to either sex.
- Children are generally healthy and receive proper nutrition and medical care while in the foster care system.
- Children from Latin America are of either Caucasian or Hispanic ancestry.
Why adopt from Nicaragua?
Nicaragua is a beautiful country that has captured the hearts of many tourists. More and more Americans are spending vacations and buying property in Nicaragua.
Despite the country’s obvious beauty, poverty is the largest reason that fuels the need for adoptive families. Many families in Nicaragua cannot feed and clothe the children, trusting that the orphanage can provide a better life for them. The number of abandoned children has reached an all time high.
Families that have chosen to adopt from Nicaragua like the laid back process, and see the time in country as a time to bond with their child. Once families have received their referral and travel, the child is placed with the family for an adaptation period in country. The atmosphere in Nicaragua is one of a vacation like setting, and many choose to spend their time there taking advantage of all that Nicaragua has to offer.
Why use MLJ to adopt from Nicaragua?
MLJ is Hague approved, bonded and licensed. Additionally both our foreign and domestic staff include attorneys who are well versed in the international adoption process with full understanding of both Nicaraguan law as well as the US Federal orphan code and visa regulations. Employing the services of in house attorneys, translates to everyone involved in your adoption process understanding the requirements to obtain an adoption decree in Nicaragua. To date, MLJ is one of the few agencies working in Nicaragua and have had success in completing adoptions and bringing home Nicaraguan children!
MLJ domestic staff travels to Nicaragua at least once a year, to keep abreast of the latest information available and to keep the program running smoothly. We know firsthand that keeping up to date on the most current information available and staying personally involved in each of our programs makes our programs more efficient and is of vital importance.
Why choose MLJ? We strive to do our best for you during your adoption process and keep abreast of all the current issues. We are a team of committed professionals, many of which are adoptive parents that personally know what you are experiencing and can relate to your adoption journey. The staff at MLJ personally cares about families and orphans.
To learn more about Nicaragua please request information. General fee information (updated February 2013) can be found here.
Country information is to be considered general information and subject to change. The information is based upon state, federal, foreign, and international law, as well as our own business policies.