Our annual picnic is my absolute favorite event that we have at MLJ. Our team is so grateful to continue to have many families come out to celebrate adoption with us each year. Here are five reasons our picnic has been and continues to be a success.
- Everyone is invited: Each year we have a great mix of adults and children connected to adoption. Families who have completed adoptions, families in the adoption process, and families interested in adopting all attend. We also love when our families bring their support systems and their extended families.
- There will be food: The main dish and drinks will be provided. If you attend, please do bring a side dish or dessert to share potluck-style.
- Adopted kids and siblings of adopted children connect with families like theirs: It is important for children to know that they are not alone and to have opportunities to connect to others with similar experiences. At the picnic there will be many families that look like theirs, where parents and children may not “match.” Adopted children can sometimes feel that they don’t belong. This is an opportunity to connect and feel connected to a larger adoption community.
- Building the parent’s support system before, during or after adoption: Many families have connected and stay connected after exchanging information at the picnic. It is also an opportunity for families considering adoption to talk to families in-person who have already walked this journey. Many families love to share their experiences to help families interested in adoption to determine if it is the right choice for them to build their family.
- It’s fun: The children have a blast and are entertained for hours, giving parents an opportunity to connect. There will be a bounce house and crafts.
If you would like to attend the picnic, please RSVP here. We would love to have you!
Last Name A-M: Dessert
Last Name N-Z: Side Dish
Sunday, September 11th
1:00 to 3:00 PM
Forest Park Shelter #5
701 Cicero Road
Noblesville, IN 46060