One of our goals in serving children and families is to limit the stress of adoption and provide the most positive experience possible for our families. The adoption process is certainly not perfect, and can be extremely stressful for all involved. We know that we cannot eliminate the stress, but we do try our best to limit it to the extent we can. One of the ways we do this is to ask our families for feedback about their experience during the adoption process instead of only receiving feedback after the process is complete. I feel strongly and am committed to constantly continuing to improve the services that we offer to families and children.
Some of the most important ways we have improved the services we offer families over the years is the result of a family sharing feedback about their adoption experience with us. We are always looking to our families for feedback, because we know that hearing this feedback offers some of our best opportunities to improve. We solicit feedback both formally and informally. One of the ways we ask for feedback more formally is through surveys. I will typically send families a survey after they have completed their home study, adoption education and dossier. Each quarter, this information is compiled and MLJ’s Board of Directors reviews our performance.
As I was reviewing our first quarter’s results for 2017, I found that 100% of families who completed this mid-process survey indicated that they were “extremely satisfied” or “very satisfied” overall. This is always encouraging for our team to know. I especially appreciate when we receive comments from our families, because that feedback is often the most helpful to us, as the feedback is specific and may be actionable or provide a specific area of strength. Below please find some of the comments that we received in the most recent quarter:
- “I have been very satisfied with MLJ so far. Very thankful for the support from MLJ.”
- “We enjoy the Bulgarian newsletters every month regarding updates with the program.”
- “Lydia is FANTASTIC! She is super responsive and incredibly helpful.”
- “You all have worked very hard to help my family adopt. We are very appreciative of that!”
- “MLJ has been very professional throughout the adoption process so far. Everyone is always so quick in their responses via e-mail and generally easily available by phone as well.”
- “We have been very happy with all of MLJ’s services thus far in our adoption process and are so glad we chose to work with this agency.”
We are grateful to work with fantastic families, many of whom take the time to share their experiences with us. It is an absolute blessing to do this work and continue to have the opportunities to improve and provide even better services each and every time. If you are interested in learning more about adoption or our programs, please don’t hesitate to contact us!