I don’t know how it is in your house, but I know my dad enjoys being the “Grill Master.” He prides himself in being able to sear perfect grill marks and concoct a marinade bursting with flavor. If Dad is the chef in your house, try these gift ideas:
- Apron – Pick up a blank apron and some fabric paint from your local craft store, and let the kid’s do their magic! Dad will have a way to protect himself from the messes he makes in the kitchen, and the kids will love seeing him wear their masterpiece!
- Cookbook – Stop by any book store and grab a manly cookbook. Maybe he’s too embarrassed to use Mom’s “Southern Living” recipe book and needs something slightly more masculine. This is something both Dad and the family can enjoy, since he will likely want to whip up a new recipe and show off his skills!
- Grill Set – Every chef needs his handy-dandy tools. Grab a set with utensils such as tongs, a grill brush, a meat fork, a basting brush and spatulas!
Perhaps Dad enjoys taking care of his yard. Does he spend all summer pruning bushes, pulling weeds, and perfecting his craft of mowing those beautiful diagonal patterns? Maybe these gift ideas will give him a hand in the wonderful world of landscaping:
- Clay Pot – Spend an afternoon with the kids decorating a clay pot and plant Dad’s favorite inside. Check out Pinterest for some fun design ideas! After presenting them to Dad, sent them out on the porch for all to see.
- Gloves – Get Dad some hefty gardening gloves so he can avoid possible punctures from those lovely, but thorny, rosebushes. Buy some for the kids too so they can help out!
- Hat – If he’s spending long hours outside, he needs a hat to escape the burn of the sun’s rays. Buy him a hat he won’t mind getting dirty!
Many of us spend lots and lots of hours at our desk for work. If Dad has an office, he may need some help sprucing up the space. Try these gifts for a working dad:
- Picture Frame – Get a frame the kids can decorate, and put a picture of Dad with the kids inside. Seeing them on his desk is a great way to brighten his day!
- Coffee Cup – Everyone loves a personalized coffee cup, right? If he already has a “World’s Greatest Dad” cup, have the kids design one for him.
- Mouse Pad – You guessed it! Design a mouse pad for dad. Use a family photo or upload a drawing your kids created.
Any thoughtful gift will make dad feel extraordinary this Father’s Day. Let the kids be involved in getting the right gift for dad. After all… they make him a father worth celebrating in the first place!
Photo Credit – Treefiddy