Having made several trips to Nicaragua in the past two years, I was able to observe many benefits in the Nicaraguan adoption process. While Nicaragua has not seen the popularity of international adoption likely due from the lengthy time required to stay in country, I find that it has numerous benefits that are often overlooked.
Top 10 benefits to adopting from Nicaragua:
- Nicaragua’s adoption authority, Mi Familia, has a staff made up of social workers and attorneys invested in the international adoption process. Their commitment to international adoption is proven in the process they require to ensure families are bonding and attaching.
- Nicaragua’s requirement for adaptation and bonding creates a downtime away from work, responsibilities, and commitments, and provides a strong environment for attachment.
- Nicaragua’s orphanages are clean and well run, and orphanage staff is attentive and dedicated.
- Infant orphanages in Nicaragua are staffed with numerous medical personnel.
- Nicaragua is a beautiful country with a vacation type setting. Beautiful sunshine, pools, beaches, and a relaxed atmosphere lend to the process of bonding with your new child.
- Upon receipt of your referral you are traveling quite soon and therefore, there is not a long wait until you personally meet your referred child.
- Once you arrive in Nicaragua, your child is placed with you right away and the bonding can begin.
- Many children with minor and major special needs are also available in Nicaragua and your process is expedited for special needs children.
- MLJ Adoptions Nicaraguan attorneys are experienced and very knowledgeable in all necessary aspects of the process.
- Children from Nicaragua are diverse and beautiful.
I feel that adopting from Nicaragua is filled with great possibilities for those families wanting to adopt young children, older children, or even special needs children that previously hoped to adopt from Guatemala or other Central or Latin American countries.
For more information about MLJ Adoptions’ international adoption programs, please click here.